Talk

Advanced search

13 month old not saying any words as such!

(5 Posts)
Shootingstar2289 Sun 28-Aug-16 21:56:36

My daughter is 13 months. She babbles a lot, make eye contact and sometimes says mum mum mum and da da da but not really in the right context. She waves and claps but only when she wants to and has just started to point in the last few weeks!

She is a lot more advanced than my son was at the same but he actually has Autism and didn't speak until he was around four. So I'm not sure I should really compare. Although my son didn't wave until he was 2.5.

Should I worry?

albertcampionscat Sun 28-Aug-16 22:42:32

Jesus fucking Christ no you shouldn't worry. . No, no and again no. Take a look at this - www.a-zpeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ASQ-12-Month.pdf

She sounds absolutely fine. Some kids do have words at 13 months, but most don't.

Shootingstar2289 Mon 29-Aug-16 18:34:33

Thank you. I can't help but worry. My son has Autism and obviously I'm aware it can run in families. But I'm sure she will be fine! 😀

DestinyTheWhale Mon 29-Aug-16 19:40:59

My eldest has Autism too & so I share your anxieties. I watched my DS's 2&3 like an absolute hawk, over analysing every behaviour. They are both totally neurotypical.
It's hard I know but try to relax and enjoy your baby girl!

Shootingstar2289 Tue 30-Aug-16 18:02:18

Thank you DestinyTheWhale. It is so easy to over analyse isn't it? As a first time Mum, I didn't really notice anything thing was different with my son at first but this time round I'm so paranoid.

My daughter doesn't seem advanced as such but seems to developing ok. She is 13 months and has only just started to point. However, my son didn't point until he was two so a good sign for my daughter I guess! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now