Talk

Advanced search

given up the dummy and now a poor sleeper

(7 Posts)
jellybean321 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:55:53

Hi my son is 3 and he has given up his dummy about 4 weeks ago for sleep. It only took one night and he has never asked for it again which is great! BUT he has gone from a great sleeper who slept undisturbed all night from 7pm until about 8 am to now waking 3/4 times a night crying we go in and he does quickly settle again but he either asks for water or says he doesn't know what's wrong. He then is getting up about 630am. About the same time he dropped his daytime nap. He is now only sleeping during the day if we r in the car...any advise to improves things? Thanks

WitteryTwittery Tue 23-Aug-16 21:57:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InsaneDame Tue 23-Aug-16 22:02:20

Give him back the dummy and see if things improve? I don't see the harm if he only has it at night.

jellybean321 Wed 24-Aug-16 06:30:02

I don't want to give it back now as its giving mixed messages and I think by 3.6 months that's enough for him to have it but thanks last night he woke 5 times by midnight but didn't want anything really I only had t go into him for a minute each time but its still disturbing his and my sleep. Then asked to get up 545 this morning ! He has never got up before 7 before so its a shock! Maybe a groclock or something similar ? He does sleep in the dark though and I've read they have a bright nightlight?

EsmesBees Wed 24-Aug-16 06:35:57

Honestly, I'd give it back. It sounds like he likes the comfort and everyone sleeps better with it. Life is a bit too short for unneeded broken nights.

jellybean321 Wed 24-Aug-16 22:42:07

I don't want to give it him back now and he doesn't ask for it...and trust me he would if he really wanted it..any other ideas thanks

LindsayS79 Wed 24-Aug-16 22:54:00

The 'dummy fairy' left a little stuffed toy for my DD (3). She took that to bed every night and seemed to use it for comfort. She now likes to take a few teddies etc to bed now, so isn't attached to just one.
She is waking up earlier though... However I've taught her not to wake everyone up until I go through at about 7:30, so she sits and plays with her teddies until then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now