Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Time between cruising and walking

(15 Posts)
waitingforsomething Tue 16-Aug-16 06:38:34

I know it doesn't matter, and you shouldn't compare but I am nosy. My DS is so different to DD (walking by 12 months) so I'm just interested in other babies.
DS is about to turn 13 months. He's really good at pulling up and cruising around the furniture but cannot yet stand unsupported (can with one hand) and isn't taking any steps independently. He's also a bum shuffler although can crawl if he fancies it.

How long did your babies take to go from cruising to walking alone? He's been doing it about a month.

Mol1628 Tue 16-Aug-16 06:39:22

Both mine took about 2 months

Dazedandconfusedtoomuchpeppa Tue 16-Aug-16 06:42:16

Still waiting for him to walk but it's been about 3 months since cruising started. Babies 13 months.

MeMySonandl Tue 16-Aug-16 06:47:38

Mine was cruising by 10 months, went back to crawling a month later (but with much improved speed) and started walking unaided about 15 months.

In a way, it is not as important that they walk early, but it is very important that they do a lot of crawling (something related to the way their brain develops), so it may be worthy to encourage him to crawl more.smile

DoctorDonnaNoble Tue 16-Aug-16 07:02:10

Cruising from 8 months (we have nice low sofas) first steps at 10 1/2 months. Growing in confidence every day.

Squidgling Tue 16-Aug-16 07:07:37

Cruising at 9 months, first independent steps at 12 months but still mostly crawling, walking properly at 14 months. She likes to take her time!

waitingforsomething Tue 16-Aug-16 07:11:56

MemySon I've given up trying to make him crawl. He knows how and will do so up slides or on carpets/mats but we have marble flooring so bum shuffling is faster and more fun! I'm not that bothered as he pulls up and cruises but it might take him a little longer to walk than the average crawler.

Supergran58 Tue 16-Aug-16 07:28:19

Dgs exactly same age and exactly the same stage. He is a very nifty crawler and not really showing any interest is walking so not practising balancing which seems to be the only thing holding up hos walking. Not particularly bothered though as someone up post said, crawling seems to be more beneficial at this age.

magicboy79 Tue 16-Aug-16 08:49:31

My first ds bum shuffled at 8 months, crawled at 10 months and was walking unaided by 13 months.
My ds2 has just turned 10 months and have had no bum shuffling but he started crawling 2 weeks ago. No pulling up or anything which ds1 was doing by this stage. I think it could take him a bit longer as he's a bit more heavy set than ds1, forgot how annoying the crawling everywhere stage is, when you can't just leave them down and look away lol

Trinpy Tue 16-Aug-16 09:45:50

Started cruising at 9 months, walked by himself at 14 months.

So it can be a long wait!

cornishglos Tue 16-Aug-16 23:12:47

Cruising at 6.5 months, walking at 12.5 months.

Shootingstar2289 Wed 17-Aug-16 07:04:50

It sounds like you have just explained my daughter. She cruises but is yet to stand alone or take steps. She was 13 months yesterday.

He will be walking before you know it!

I am not worrying. My son didn't walk until 16 months! They are all different. He is now a very active five year old!

waitingforsomething Wed 17-Aug-16 07:09:51

That's reassuring Shootingstar. I can see he's fine although he nearly had me worried because he did precisely nothing till 10 months or so. I hope he will get there soon because frankly he's a heavy lump and I would like to carry him less!

soundsystem Wed 17-Aug-16 21:30:57

Mine took AGES! Was cruising at 10 months and didn't walk until 16 months.

waitingforsomething Thu 18-Aug-16 06:39:22

I think that's going to be us soundsystem. He is a good cruiser and I think the skills are nearly there but I have heard bum shufflers take a bit longer to walk so I think he might be around that age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now