11mo will only take bottle from me.

(3 Posts)
mountaingirl01 Sun 14-Aug-16 15:25:44

My 11mo daughter was bf till 7m then mix fed and is now on 1 bf in the morning then formula for the rest of the day. She has just started settling in sessions at nursery and it seems she won't drink a bottle if it is given by them. We have tried this weekend to persuade her into having one from dh but she not only refuses, she gets hysterical. Any ideas? I guess if she doesn't have formula at nursery it's not the end of the world, she will still have 2 feeds a day and we give plenty of (non dairy) alternatives. But it also means I can't go and leave her overnight which I was hoping to do for my birthday, and it maked it harder for me to leave her with dh fora day which I was hoping to start to do to get some time on my own after I have started work again.

Flisspaps Sun 14-Aug-16 15:36:37

To me it wouldn't be an issue, as by 1yo she can have cows milk instead of BM/formula and the bulk of her meals should be normal food anyway.

If you really wanted to leave her overnight you could - she'll either take the bottle eventually or just go without until she has 'proper' breakfast the following day!

mountaingirl01 Sun 14-Aug-16 16:10:21

She can't drink cows milk as she is dairy intolerant and the most nutritious alternative is the formula (iyswim). I know she can go without over night, but I don't really fancy leaving her if I know it's going to be a battle to get her to bed for my mum and a upsetting experience for baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now