10 month wont sit up

(4 Posts)
Suzy0698 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:49:06

I am a mum of 4 but my youngest daughter is 10 month and will not sit up when we sit her up she just falls down again and screams.we sat her up to night with her hands be tween her legs and she just sat there screaming she crawls pulls her self up to stand but will not sit up am I been a worry wort about it

VioletBam Wed 10-Aug-16 00:52:22

It's always worrying when they don't hit milestones. Sometimes, theyr'e just slower to get there...if I were you I would see the GP or Health Visitor about it just to set your mind at rest.

Have you told the HV already though?

clare2307 Thu 11-Aug-16 09:36:21

If she is crawling and pulling herself to standing that's a big positive. My daughter is almost 11 months and not sitting independently yet but she also isn't doing much other than rolling back to front. She is under review by many departments including weekly physio but we have been told that she could still easily catch up of the next year or so.

Cherylene Thu 11-Aug-16 09:44:26

DS did not like being sat up. I used to fasten him to the high chair with a harness (with insert cushion to keep him upright) to stop him falling out. Same with supermarket trollies. (Of course, this was my fault as a mother for not 'propping him up' early on hmm which he didn't like)

He was quite happy on his tummy. He started reclining like a Roman, after the initial excitement of high-speed crawling had worn off, and gradually sat himself up from there. Around 9-11m, IIRC. He was quite happy sitting on my knee if I held him though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now