Talk

Advanced search

10 month old at nursery - do I need to express?

(6 Posts)
Eggletina Thu 04-Aug-16 13:21:06

I will be going back to work part-time when my daughter is 10 months old. Ideally, I would like to continue breastfeeding until she is 1, but the thought of having to express and provide milk to the nursery is putting me off. I expressed a bit with my son and hated it. So, my question is, at 10 months old, will it be ok to just breastfeed her in the morning and evening only? Or will I definitely need to provide either expressed milk or formula for when she's at nursery? She is only 3 months but we haven't even tried a bottle yet, so there's also a worry that she won't take one. TIA

Artandco Thu 04-Aug-16 13:23:08

That's fine. Mine at 10 months I sometimes had to travel away 3-5 days with work, when back they carried on feeding as usual. Both fed until 3 years like this

timelytess Thu 04-Aug-16 13:27:28

I don't think you'll need to express. Just feed when you're around. Your body will adjust.

AnotherDayInParadiseLost Thu 04-Aug-16 13:29:01

My first son went to a childminder at 9 months. I had expressed for weeks. He never took a drop. He carried on breastfeeding until he was two.

Many of my friends had similar experiences. So I would really say this is one you don't need to worry about - I wasted a lot of emotional energy on this one!

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 04-Aug-16 13:41:01

You don't need to express. I went back to work at 11 months and continued to BF morning and evening. By the time she is 10 months, your supply is very well established. So my son had cow's milk at lunchtime and breastfed happily until he was 2.

Good luck - it'll all be grand!

Eggletina Thu 04-Aug-16 13:42:28

Thank you all, just what I wanted to hear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now