Talk

Advanced search

Putting off bed or real anxiety?

(1 Post)
AmberNikSee Fri 22-Jul-16 17:11:35

My 7y DD has been having meltdowns at bed time off and on for months. She initially said its because she watched goosebumps and got scared of the things on it and shed see them when she shut her eyes. So we made up a super hero story with all the tools to get rid of the monsters and I drew it up for her. It worked for a while but now she is back to coming downstairs shortly after being tucked in. She says it's not fair she has such an early bed time(830 was 8 during school last year) and that her dad an I get to stay up. We've talked about how she is the child and has a bedtime for a reason and that when given the opportunity to stay up later she has a meltdown and is over tired. So since those discussions she's coming down saying she's scared of everything, noises, someone outside her window (2nd story, so not possible) the monsters, a stomach ache etc the list goes on. I don't want to immediately dismiss it as just putting off bedtime but I'm at my wits end with the regular bedtime meltdowns!
Help!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now