Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Biting/Headbutting/Hair Pulling

(3 Posts)
HelenF35 Thu 21-Jul-16 19:32:35

My one year old son is a fantastic little boy but he's had an issue with biting for several months. He has now added Headbutting and hair pulling to his repertoire as well as occasional scratching. Does anyone have any tips to help him stop? He only does it to me and his dad, no one else and it's very frustrating. If we put him down he has a proper tantrum. We have tried cuddles and positive reinforcement when he is gentle but to no avail.

HelenF35 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:16:03

Hopeful bump

Liskee Sat 23-Jul-16 19:00:02

Following as same prob with our 19 month old. We do have a new baby to add to the mix, but it's been happening for a good few months before baby appeared. There's no rhyme or reason to it. If it was hunger, tiredness, response to being told off I could get it, but it's not a reaction to anything specific. We try all sorts of distraction techniques, positive reinforcement and clearly and calmly say no biting/hitting/scratching...but it continues. Would love to hear others advice or even reassurance that it's a phase and my delightful little boy will return again!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now