Weeing on change mat

(11 Posts)
Countrylass22 Thu 21-Jul-16 04:17:09

My husband changed baby tonight and didn't notice she had weed til too late. It got in her hair and I am worried it might have got on her face or even in her mouth. Would this be bad for her? We have top and tailed her as best we can to clean up but I just worry!!

bushtailadventures Thu 21-Jul-16 04:24:58

She'll be fine! Mine often lay on the mat with no nappy on, especially if they had sore bottoms. Despite towels underneath them, occasionally wee got places I would rather it hadn't. A quick wipe and they were good to go. As they are all healthy adults now, I'm pretty sure it didn't do them any harm smile

It will get worse, btw, today, my granddaughter was outside with no nappy on, caught her happily playing in a puddle of wee...children are generally disgusting anyway, no matter how much we wish they weren't!

Countrylass22 Thu 21-Jul-16 04:34:53

Thank you for the reassurance! With baby being only a month old I seem to worry about everything so it's good to know it happens to other people too!!

Fomalhaut Thu 21-Jul-16 04:50:47

Absolutely fine smile

Our ds regularly sprays a small fountain of pee everywhere when changed. Just clean it up and it's fine smile

1sttimemama1986 Thu 21-Jul-16 05:04:49

My 6 week old DS wees almost twice a day on his mat and I've worried this has happened too but pretty sure he is fine !

I really need to get better at catching on before too late, boys wee does tend to fountain and can travel some distance haha.

suspiciousofgoldfish Thu 21-Jul-16 13:44:26

Your post made me smile OP!

She'll be fine don't you worry.

I remember talking to my friend on the phone once about sterilising DS1 bottles and how paranoid I was about germs.

She cut me off with "sorry love, got to go, DD is sticking her finger in the cat's anus".

Everyone else is right, it really does get worse grin

ninenicknames Thu 21-Jul-16 13:50:24

That's made me smile

Wait till your LO is 3 & eats dirt

Orsono Thu 21-Jul-16 19:50:14

My 4-week-old did a precision wee into his own mouth the other day, in the split second I turned away for a wipe. It was impressive and he was fine. smile

Hughpughbarneymagrew Thu 21-Jul-16 19:56:25

Yep. DS has weed in his own mouth before now. It hasn't done him any harm grin

booellesmum Thu 21-Jul-16 19:56:57

Mine are 14 and 11 now but this did bring back memories. I remember getting so fed up with the first weeing on the mat and it running down into her hair that I starting putting a towel on the mat. I had to wash a lot of towels but no more wee in her hair!

tappitytaptap Thu 21-Jul-16 20:25:05

Was going to say same as Hugh, my DS has weed near and probably in his own mouth before and he is fine wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now