Smelly 8yo

(9 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Wed 20-Jul-16 11:23:05

I am wondering if I should do any more ti de-smell my daughter. She is not smelly during the day at school, but she is always has smelly armpits by the end of the day. I shower her at night but it's there again by the morning. She hates showering in the morning. Should I just insist that she does or resort to something like deodorant? She seems very young to me for this. Is she?

PlugUgly Wed 20-Jul-16 11:29:13

Why wouldn't you let her use deodorant??

diplodocus Wed 20-Jul-16 11:36:57

I buy my DD of the same age a very hypoallergenic / pure deodorant as she has the same problem - it's stopped the problem completely but think this is the only way you will.

MummyBtothree Wed 20-Jul-16 11:38:34

Shes about the right age to start using an antiperspirant deoderant after washing in the morning and evening.

margaritasbythesea Wed 20-Jul-16 11:42:33

Ok. That's that then. I wasn't expecting that until a bit later on. Deodorant it is.

NattyTile Wed 20-Jul-16 12:09:57

If you're worried about deodorant so young, have a look in health food shops for crystal ones - there's one you just wet and roll on which is aluminium free and not an antiperspirant just a de smeller.

margaritasbythesea Wed 20-Jul-16 12:41:23

Thanks. I use that one so will probably go for it for her too. Maybe the spray so it's a bit easier.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 20-Jul-16 12:45:00

Use bar soap to wash with, better than a shower wash and Simple roll on is good.

margaritasbythesea Wed 20-Jul-16 14:18:52

Thanks for the tip, although as a person with sensitive skin I have a passionate hatred of Simple products. They play absolute havoc on my skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now