Talk

Advanced search

Moving home with a 5 yr old

(3 Posts)
laurensteddy1988 Tue 12-Jul-16 19:39:15

Hi there.

I'm at my wits end, hoping one or some of you mums out there can help me!

My 5 yr old and I are moving home, she has just finished nursery and we are moving in with my partner 2 hours away from where we are now. We have been to see her new school which she really likes!

However. The past three - four days her attitude has gone from nice and wonderful and the most kindest girl to the devil child! She has been hitting me, pinching punching kicking when I ask her not to do something. Frustrated pinching. I have spent half an hour before bed braiding her hair and having a girly night, I then say right sweetheart it's bed time and she screams at me and lashes out because she has to go to bed.

It has got to the point I have been in tears the past three days all different times of day. Twice today. I am so lost. I know of course she will be unsettled and the uncertainty of moving etc. But she is physically hurting me. And I think I'm being lenient and making allowances for unsettled etc but I don't know what to do.

She is always such a lovely girl. I am so upset.

Please can anyone offer some help,advice xx thank you so much!

VioletBam Wed 13-Jul-16 02:11:56

I had this when we moved. I decided she felt insecure and so SHOWERED her with love and one to one attention daily. She improved immediately. Does she like your partner?

laurensteddy1988 Wed 13-Jul-16 07:29:26

Thank you for your reply. I have been spending everyday with her doing everything she enjoys, but seem to be paying a price for it. Yes she likes him, they get on like a house on fire which is good. But I have thought of that element too.
She's going to mias all her nursery friends and with packing up the house, photos etc it isn't looking like home anymore.

We are heading to the beach today so hopefully a little day away will be nice and fun! It always seems to be when we get back to the house she plays up x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now