Talk

Advanced search

18 m/o smacking

(2 Posts)
Ms2 Mon 11-Jul-16 17:05:33

I have an 18 m/o little boy, he is a lovely little boy very well behaved normally but recently he has started smacking people in the family.
He is otherwise such an amazing little boy and i am asking if anyone has any advice as i dont want people thinking he is naughty or nasty.
He does give you a kiss after and knows he has done something wrong but i want this to stop, im just not sure how to? Any advice please!

Fomalhaut Tue 12-Jul-16 17:32:20

A firm, 'no- we don't smack people' every single time. If you're in the middle of an activity, stop it and move away with him somewhere boring. Move back after a minute or two with a 'right, no smacking, ok?.' If he doesn't smack, lavish with praise. If he does, another 'no. No smacking. We don't smack people because it hurts.'

The key is to not make a huge attention giving fuss or a big tell off. Rather just say no, say why then make the situation dull when he doesn't behave. At this age your attention is what they want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now