HELP!!!

(9 Posts)
Sarah3x Sun 10-Jul-16 14:11:20

Hi, I am in desperate need of some help. I have a son who is almost 11 months and every day is a complete struggle! He screams almost constantly! He won't let me go anywhere or do anything! He starts from the second we wake up, he won't sleep during the day and he wakes anywhere between 5 to 10 times a night! I am in tears by the end of everyday. I just don't know what to do with him, it's gotten so bad that I'm now looking for a job just so I can put him in childcare to get away from him! He was so good before but the last month or two have been pure hell! Please, I would appreciate any advice!

isthistoonosy Sun 10-Jul-16 14:14:25

When he wakes does he want milk?
How is his routine generally in the day , is he taking much solid food? Have you taken his temp / been to a doctor to make sure he isn't ill / ear infection etc?

And the obvious is he teething and does calpol help calm him down?

Sarah3x Sun 10-Jul-16 14:33:04

When he wakes, the only think that will get him back to sleep is my boob but I don't think it's a hunger thing, more comfort. He eats well during the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner and is on and off my boob quite a bit. He is not unwell at all and has four teeth so far and can't see any signs that he is teething again just yet.

Sarah3x Sun 10-Jul-16 14:51:25

Should have mentioned as well that he started sleeping through by two months old, around four months is when he started waking and it's gotten worse since then.

WiMoChi Sun 10-Jul-16 20:41:23

Hi. It's so tough. I know. I have a BF almost two year old who slept through for first time two weeks ago (had three now!) and give down to waking just once otherwise. So keep going, it's so rewarding when you've (almost) nailed it.

Does he scream when you leave him alone? What starts him off?? Maybe he doesn't want a sleep in the day?

isthistoonosy Sun 10-Jul-16 20:52:42

OK so it sounds like during his 4 month sleep regression he picked up the habit of sucking/feeding to sleep.

Would you be willing to stop the night feeds - let OH deal with him at night for a week or so until the habit is broken / give a dummy if needed or wanted.

I would first though take him to the dr to check for an ear infection due to the suddeness and constant problems during the last few months though. I'd take his temperature morning / afternoon and before bed to see if he has a temp and how it varries over the day so you have that to take with the dr with you, to compar to how he is acting.

Sarah3x Sun 10-Jul-16 20:59:27

He screams whether I'm with him or not. He doesn't sleep during the day which just me and that he's so tired in the evening that everything just gets worse. I'm a single mum and have two other children so will try not feeding him at night during the summer hols so it's not so bad if he wakes the others up but def no oh to help. I feel so alone! He had a viral infection a few weeks ago so was checked all over and no sign of any other health related problems.

isthistoonosy Sun 10-Jul-16 21:32:19

That sounds rough going. Sorry

Could it be an alergy - anything new in the last few months? Is he pooing etc OK? I'd still go for a check up constant crying just sounds wrong, try taking his temp just in case.
For mine when they had ear infections they slept best strapped into their prams half sat up in a cool room.

Could he be massively overtired? Anywayto get hima few days of lots of sleep - long drive to see your parents/freinds etc they look after the big two while you drive the LO round for hours and hours .....

sorry prob suggestin things you've tried already but there maybe something that gives you an idea of your next step at least

Sarah3x Sun 10-Jul-16 22:34:43

Lol, I don't drive!!! Also, no family that can help, lost my mum 3 yrs ago and my dad's just getting over an operation! Not long moved to where I am now so have just a couple of friends here but couldn't ask them to do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now