Weaning hives...after fruit/veg!!

(7 Posts)
123girlsandboys321 Tue 05-Jul-16 22:47:05

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes...

My baby has just started weaning. He loves it but after having sweet potato, broccoli and pear puréed he had some hives on his face. No other signs of reaction.

My 2yo has severe allergies to wheat/rye causing anaphylaxis so carries adrenalin.

Obviously this makes me over cautious and I haven't given him this since. Just wondering if any other babies have had this reaction to fruit/veg and then been ok with it??

Haggisfish Tue 05-Jul-16 22:48:04

Not mine. Tomatoes and strawberries gave sore bum but no allergies.

chipstick2810 Tue 05-Jul-16 22:53:27

My daughter had a milk and soya allergy (instant hives and extremely upset tummy) and we found that she also did not react well to sweet potato which was strange but apparently not uncommon.

chipstick2810 Tue 05-Jul-16 22:54:53

Oh and she is now 3 and has outgrown her allergies (except for minor flare ups when she is under the weather!)

neolara Tue 05-Jul-16 23:00:39

Yes. My dd had massive and alarming hives with raw tomatoes.. She has also reacted to melon and pineapple. She subsequently turned out to have a peanut allergy.. She is not anaphylaxis to tomatoes or melon but the give her an itchy mouth and I think she has oral allergy syndrome..

123girlsandboys321 Tue 05-Jul-16 23:05:02

Thanks everyone I'll keep watching for allergies and see what happens. Is the peanut allergy severe? I wonder if he is more likely to have a severe allergy as his sister does...the nhs haven't given us an allergy appt for a year otherwise I'd have asked them!

coffeemachine Wed 06-Jul-16 07:14:17

for starters I would only feed one food. You can the pin down easily to what he reacted if the does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now