Talk

Advanced search

anyone else's reception children utterly vile at the moment?

(9 Posts)
idontlikealdi Sat 02-Jul-16 12:55:41

DTs are 5 in August, coming to the end of reception. Their behaviour at home has been horrendous for the past few days. Fortunately still angelic at school.

I've been putting it down to extreme tiredness - they have had a lot in and are getting up too early. Anyone else in the same boat?

I will be drinking wine tonight, if i make it through the rest of today in one piece!

VioletBam Sat 02-Jul-16 14:26:25

Ah yes, they're tired and ready for the holidays. Poor little things. I remember both of mine doing this...in fact, DD2 is 8 now but still gets awful in the last two weeks of term.

What plans do you have for the break?

onemouseplace Sat 02-Jul-16 14:28:43

Yes! DH and I have been discussing this this morning - DS (also August) has been a total pain in the backside for the past week or so.

idontlikealdi Sat 02-Jul-16 14:32:41

We're off to France for three weeks violet, and they're very very excited about it so I don't think that's helping either! They can hopefully have some decent down time when we're there though and stop winding each other upsmile

prettywhiteguitar Sat 02-Jul-16 14:35:51

Yes yes yes !! Two tired and tearful children waiting for summer grin

ThreeLeggedCat Sun 03-Jul-16 18:37:25

We call it end-of-term-itis!

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Mon 04-Jul-16 22:03:53

My son is at the end of his nursery year & is also being "challenging", he must be knackered

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 04-Jul-16 22:07:58

Yes. she's even more away with the fairies than usual.

has been getting up early too..I suspect she's very over tired now.

thankfully is behaving at school.

Dizzybintess Sun 24-Jul-16 00:17:18

My daughter is being a complete diva x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now