Advanced search

Development, Education and the EU situation

(3 Posts)
Thelyingbitchandthewardrobe Sun 26-Jun-16 00:02:31

I'm sure I can't write this without outing myself, so if you spot me, let me know!
We moved to France just after we got married. We moved mainly for my husbands work, but I immediately got work in an international school teaching my degree subject. Almost 10 years later we have 3 kids and a lovely house here (house not yet paid off).

Here comes my question --- My kids have excellent French but have been educated in the international school where I work, so their written work is much better in English.

With the UK out of the EU, does it mean my kids won't be able to access a UK degree?

I would like advice on whether to send them to French state school which will more easily lead onto a French uni (I much prefer a uk uni to a French uni for my kids)

This is a tough decision because my kids strengths lie in the arts and in sports which are well catered for in the international school. I understand that the local French state school is very accademic focused.

Being an adult is tough.

meditrina Sun 26-Jun-16 00:08:04

Yes, you can access a UK degree - British universities are not and never have been UK/EU residents only.

But you'll need to start financial planning for the cost, as fees (unless you return and your DC are normally resident for 3 years before entry) will be at the overseas student rate.

JoJoSM2 Sun 26-Jun-16 20:46:16

Also, don't get ahead of yourself and see what the negotiated deal is and take it from there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: