Talk

Advanced search

Dry at night, wet during the day

(3 Posts)
Tonkbomo Sat 25-Jun-16 15:09:42

My 6 year old has been totally dry at night for a year now, from age 4-5 he was sporadically dry at night and beforehand he was wet every night. Eventually he became dry with night time toilet training.

However in the day time he just wets himself constantly, I have tried mostly everything, not making a fuss, reward charts (he's not bothered about rewards and stickers tbh), being stern, taking things away, thinking time.

He's wet at the end of every school day, I've lost count of how many times I've asked teacher and ta's to please remind him to use the toilet, this tactic is obviously not working.

He's just seems to be choosing not to go. He will go when asked but I know I have to let him feel what a full bladder feels like so he knows when he has to go. At night time he will get up off his own accord and use the loo 1-2 times a night. I usually just hear his foot steps and the bathroom light come on.

For example today we went swimming. Beforehand and after I said can you use the loo which he did, we get home to watch a film and within 20-30 mins he's gone to his room, come back and he's naked. I asked him why, he said I've wet myself a little bit. I go to his trousers and they are soaking.

I really do not know what to do, especially as he's dry at night and uses the toilet without any prompts fuss free.

backtowork2015 Sat 25-Jun-16 21:44:06

How about one of those watches which buzz to remind the wearer to go to the loo?

Tonkbomo Sat 25-Jun-16 22:24:07

Something we've not tried yet, will have a looky. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now