Talk

Advanced search

anyone got a stroppy five/six yo and need some mutual support

(11 Posts)
Newyearnewbrain Sat 25-Jun-16 11:57:14

Agh this age. It's almost as tough as the threenage year.

My lovely DD1 goes from 0-60 in terms of her emotions and has started wetting the bed again.

I think it's mainly due to the end of the school year, her first year. She took ages to settle in and now doesn't want to leave. She really struggles with change.

Anyone else hitting the gin hard after a day dealing with this?

EatShitDerek Sat 25-Jun-16 12:01:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SpaceKablooie Sat 25-Jun-16 12:11:51

I've got one! I think they're tired towards the end of the school year.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Sat 25-Jun-16 12:14:09

oh yes
TBH I think she's very often over-tired, as she gets up between 5.30-6.30am and due to work we can rarely get her to bed before 7.30pm
it's shite, innit?

Newyearnewbrain Sat 25-Jun-16 17:28:01

Oh thank God you replied! Yes to the crying at the drop of a hat and the anxiety for next year.

It's like living with a hormonal teenager. I love her to pieces but...

Metalhead Sat 25-Jun-16 22:38:59

So glad to hear it's not just us! I can probably count on one hand the number of days we've had this year without at least one major strop/meltdown from DD1. She's turned into a right little self-entitled, spoiled brat... but then she can be really lovely and sweet as well, which just makes it even more annoying when she's playing up.

I'm definitely drinking more wine than is good for me at the moment!

Newyearnewbrain Sun 26-Jun-16 18:56:19

Well today was a bit better, which makes me think it is school tiredness related.
My non drinking Sunday did not happen however. Hey ho.

Metalhead Sun 26-Jun-16 19:35:43

Mine has also been pretty good all weekend. Long may it continue! wine grin

Shenanagins Sun 26-Jun-16 19:59:44

I just came on to start a similar post but the difference being that he starts school after the holidays.

His behaviour is appalling at the moment and nothing seems to work, we've tried positive parenting and the usual punishments of being sent to his room but he just laughs at all of these. We are at the end of our tethers.

rockchick78 Sun 26-Jun-16 22:08:47

Oh thank god!

I thought we were the only ones with a stroppy self-entitled brat who cries at the drop of a hat... 6 years old and like a teenager already sad

Newyearnewbrain Sun 26-Jun-16 22:20:13

Ha rockchick and shenanigans you're not alone. Safety in numbers. We also has to tell ours we were moving today. She took it better than expected. I all but promised her a sodding kitten.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now