Talk

Advanced search

laughing

(5 Posts)
babymumma1 Tue 21-Jun-16 17:45:45

My dd will be 5 months next week and she never laughs/giggles? She smiles all the time and is a happy content baby but I can never get a giggle out of her no matter how hard I try! She's done it once or twice quite unexpectedly so I know she can do ithmm other babies I've seen around this age seem to be laughing loads by now but my little lady just doesn't seem to want to its like getting blood out of a stone! This is normal right? Anyone had this experience and did they just start laughing more later on?

babymumma1 Tue 21-Jun-16 18:29:36

Bump

Grizzer Tue 21-Jun-16 21:26:09

My ds is almost 6 months & doesn't laugh much. He makes a strange elephant trumpity noise sometimes which I assume is a laugh but I hope it doesn't stay like that! grin. He is always smiling & cooing though so I haven't thought about it too much. To be honest, I never remember at what age they are supposed to be doing things. As long as your dd is happy then I wouldn't worry about it. Some adults aren't big laughers!

scarednoob Wed 22-Jun-16 21:53:26

She's a bit young yet I would say - DD started laughing at about 3.5-4 months but it was really sporadic. By 6-7 months she was doing it all the time grin

Cathster Thu 23-Jun-16 13:05:35

That sounds normal to me based on my own experiences. DD laughed for the first time at about 4 months but it's only in the last month or so we've started to get more regular chuckles, even then she won't laugh every day unless we really try to get them out of her! She's 9mo (8mo corrected).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now