toddler driving me nuts

(3 Posts)
Queazy Mon 20-Jun-16 19:54:25

My toddler has always been strong-willed, and could be very challenging before dd2 came along. She's been unwell and her behaviour understandably got even worse. But she's been kicking and hitting her sister again and keeps shouting at me and laughing when told off. Her tantrums recently have been epic. I'm getting little sleep with dd2 and I'm at the end of my tether. I don't know whether to try parenting classes?

I shouted at her really loudly today, and had to walk away as I got really scared I was going to hit her. I obviously wouldn't but I could feel myself losing it. She's only 2.5yrs. I don't know where I went wrong. sad

Believeitornot Mon 20-Jun-16 19:58:14

Maybe she needs some positive attnwripn? I remember my eldest going through that sort of phase. I'd got into a bad habit of shouting and telling him off as I was so tired with my youngest who was a baby.

So I would show him how to behave and praise when he did well. I'd also try and play with him much more to give him more focussed attention. If he hit I would move him away pretty quickly with no more attention.

We did get there. Mine are 4&6 now and generally get on well!

Queazy Mon 20-Jun-16 20:17:42

I definitely need to start playing with her more, you're right. We used to play picnics all the time before dd2 came along. She's sort of got used to playing the 'naughty one' so will start hitting for no reason as soon as we play. It's very wearing. Tomorrows a new day tho I guess...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now