Talk

Advanced search

3-year-old changing nurseries and making friends

(3 Posts)
jh2255 Tue 14-Jun-16 11:17:23

Hello, I had to move my 3-year-old DD to a new nursery for various reasons.
She has been coping well, we are on the second week but the new nursery is much smaller and she struggles a bit with the other girls of her age not playing with her.
She loves other children and would always play with the same 2-3 friends in the old school so the size of the class is not a problem I think.
I guess I just need to give it some time but my heart is breaking when I see her out of place in the morning.

Andcake Tue 14-Jun-16 12:27:40

Bless we changed ds nursery in December because we moved he has now settled and actually prefers it ( although I'm not as keen) it took a while

Kariana Tue 14-Jun-16 18:55:11

Two weeks isn't that long, I'm sure she will integrate fine after a while. Young children don't always have the emotional intelligence to think about how to include the 'new girl' in their play in order to be nice and welcoming. It's more a case of waiting till she becomes familiar and there so regularly that she is just integrated naturally. What do the staff say about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now