Talk

Advanced search

help mischievous toddler just broke my to

(6 Posts)
ktkaboom Sun 12-Jun-16 12:29:38

My toddler has just picked up a toy and thrown it at the to screen and now it is not working!! I don't have contents insurance, I can't afford it as I'm a loan parent I just don't know what I am going to do! Literally on the verge of tears!!! Don't know what I am going to do!!!

LIZS Sun 12-Jun-16 12:36:16

sad Not having insurance is a false economy unless you can save for the odd occasion you might need it. Sorry but you may just have to go without until you can find one either via free cycle or reduced in the sales (Argos has started) . Can you stream via pc or tablet in the meantime.

Berthatydfil Sun 12-Jun-16 12:39:48

Free cycle

EarthboundMisfit Sun 12-Jun-16 12:41:07

Try online on local selling groups, people practically give them away here.

ktkaboom Sun 12-Jun-16 13:33:12

Thanks for the suggestions smile I will look in to them! I have called a couple of companies to see about fixing the screen but they said it's not worth it will cost more to fix than buy brand new!!

I tell him not to throw at least 10 times a day and he just dose not listen at all!! My eldest was so different so well behaved and easy going! My toddler just seems to be wild! If I tell him off he just laughs at me I feel like such a bad mum, just feel like I have no authority over him! Feeling useless right now!!

jessplussomeonenew Wed 15-Jun-16 10:31:16

Bit late now for your TV but rather than telling him not to throw at all, could you redirect by telling him what to do instead e.g. saying we don't throw toys and giving him something soft to throw that won't do damage, or saying we don't throw things inside and take him outside to do throwing (you'd obviously need to have a consistent rule). This seems to work much better with our toddler!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now