5 year olds

(9 Posts)
PseudoBadger Thu 02-Jun-16 09:32:50

DS is nearly 5 and a half and seems to mainly talk about poo, bottoms, bananas and football hmm He also makes up long songs in some weird gibberish language and dances around singing them. He also has no volume control so all of the above is done turned up to 11. Does anyone else's 5 year old do similar blush

PseudoBadger Thu 02-Jun-16 09:33:59

I don't even know why he talks about bananas so much as he is apparently scared of them. If someone is eating one he covers his eye and says "I can't look at bananas" and backs away grin

PseudoBadger Thu 02-Jun-16 09:34:13

*eyes

Sleeperandthespindle Thu 02-Jun-16 09:34:57

Sounds perfectly typical of all the five year olds I know. Sorry! That's what they're like.

TormundGiantsbabe Thu 02-Jun-16 09:39:12

Poo, bottoms, bananas and football are standard for my 5 year old too. Also, penises ("thats the proper word Mummy"), boobies and gobbledygook made up words which he uses as insults because he's not allowed to actually insult people, but if it's not a real word then I can't tell him off apparently hmm Bananas is because of minions I believe.

TormundGiantsbabe Thu 02-Jun-16 09:40:38

And yes too to shouting all the time. And stamping. Like a baby elephant wherever he goes.

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 02-Jun-16 09:43:07

<twitches> Yes it's apparently normal. And all interspersed with a chorus of "I'm hungryyyyyyyyyyyy"

TormundGiantsbabe Thu 02-Jun-16 09:49:12

Well this is certainly reassuring. "I'm hungry" every five minutes, or my personal favourite irritation: "what can I have now?" Before he's even swallowed his last mouthful of every meal.

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 02-Jun-16 10:17:37

And is he as skinny as a rake despite the near constant eating?
Perhaps constantly muttering "Poo, willy, wee, bottoms, BOOBIES!" is some magic weight loss spell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now