Talk

Advanced search

ds mobility

(9 Posts)
waitingforsomething Sat 28-May-16 00:49:53

Ds is 10?months and a bit. He can commando crawl using his arms and 1 leg to push off and now has started bum shuffling, mostly using his legs. I can't see him doing the traditional crawl at any point as he has two alternatives. He doesn't yet pull to standing but can amd does weight bear when you hold him.
My mil has now googled and told me a bunch of horror stories about how he's probably hyper mobile, won't walk till 2 and will probably have behaviour issues. Is there any truth in this.
He can roll both ways and is meeting all other milestones; clapping, babbling etc
Is there any truth in my mils claims?

VioletBam Sat 28-May-16 02:16:36

My DD never did a traditional crawl. She did as your son does...she walked at 11 months...just stood up, using the table...and walked off.

She is 11 now and fine. In fact, very elegant and coordinated.

purpleme12 Sat 28-May-16 08:28:57

It's a load of rubbish! No idea why she would say that!

waitingforsomething Sat 28-May-16 12:07:27

thank you! I was a bit worried anyway because he was quite late to do anything much but I was pleased that he was mobile now. Just because none of her 3 children moved like that she thinks there's something wrong with him.

squidgyapple Sat 28-May-16 12:14:19

Sounds like yr MIL is talking crap

My DD didn't pull up until she was turning 1yr. The HV saw her when she was 10 months and said (because she wasn't pulling up) that she probably wouldn't walk till 2 - however she walked at 14 months.

She's now a sporty teen.

Groovee Sat 28-May-16 12:15:27

Ds commando crawled. He was a late walker at 16 months but very steady and no issues with mobility!

TinklyLittleLaugh Sat 28-May-16 12:20:03

Well my DD was the same with the bum shuffling and stuff, didn't walk until 17 months. She is a little bit hyper mobile: she has flattish feet and is more comfortable with arch supporting insoles in her shoes if she is going to be on her feet all day. She's also pretty active, runs and swims and does exercise classes, perfectly healthy and normal, and has no behavioural problems.

TinklyLittleLaugh Sat 28-May-16 12:20:40

Oh she's 17 now.

SolomanDaisy Sat 28-May-16 12:27:39

DS commando crawled. He switched to normal crawling at 11.5 months and walked at 12 months. He is hyper mobile, but only slightly and it doesn't cause any huge problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now