Talk

Advanced search

Aspire teen lying

(1 Post)
Annicles Fri 27-May-16 12:19:26

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first time asking a question! My dd is 15, nearly 16 and was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome 18 months ago. We are having a huge issue with her Refusing to keep house rules about computer and other devises usage. I try to keep things simple and easy to understand and all three kids have the same rules. My other two are happy to work within the limits but dd is not. Contrary to all aspie expectations she rejects any rules that she feels are unfair or stupid. She feels she should be allowed on her computer whenever she wants and for as long as she wants and this has led to her lying, stealing and being abusive towards myself and my husband in order to get the computer back. As she in the midst of Gcse exams at the moment I am caught between wanting to keep her calm and allowing her downtime and having to police her every movement in order to prevent her from finding hidden devices and then using them all night. She seems to have found a way around passwords. Grrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now