Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for reducing constant shouting

(2 Posts)
paddypants13 Fri 27-May-16 10:48:31

Hi,

We have a 3.5 year old DD. Her language is very good so this isn't a frustration thing but she constantly shouts and screams. It doesn't seem to matter where we are or what we're doing, she shouts and makes silly noises.

We have tried star charts, it didn't work, we've tried ignoring it, it makes no difference, we've tried calmly explaining why she needs to be quiet and we've tried shouting. blush Nothing works.

Her auntie is getting married in July and she is going to be a flower girl. I am so worried she is going to spoil the wedding with her shouting and screaming.

I have already said to DH that I will sit at the back with 10month old DS and Dd and remove them if they start shouting (SIL is DH's sister so I want him to see the whole ceremony.). I know if I try to remove Dd though she will really kick off and have a meltdown.

I have explained that she only has to be quiet for a short time and there will be a party afterwards where she can dance and play with the other children but I am certain she will start up anyway. I am at the point where I am going to talk to SIL and tell her DD won't be there on the day.

Any advice on how to stop the shouting and screaming? I have already said if she is quiet we will go somewhere nice the next day and DD has said she would like to go to the pub (play area attached!!!).

uhoh2016 Fri 27-May-16 18:08:12

Can you give her a sweet to eat during the ceremony or something like that that will distract her from shouting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now