Talk

Advanced search

2YO no food 'boundaries'

(3 Posts)
Bertieboo1 Sat 21-May-16 19:42:55

Our 2 year old DS is a great eater (we are lucky). He is average weight and height.

He has started recently with helping himself to other people's food and drinks - ours, guests, random strangers, other children. It can be really embarrassing! Obviously we speak to him about this but we don't really want to punish him as such.

If he asks for food at home we give him a snack once in the morning and once in the afternoon and he eats well at mealtimes. At his grandparents house he is always after food and drink and they tend to cave in.

Any ideas? Should we give him more freedom to help himself to healthy snacks to give him more control? Or is he too young? (Just don't want to ruin his appetite for meals).

poocatcherchampion Sat 21-May-16 19:45:18

Just tell him off.

Not yours; you can't have it.

Don't muddle the waters by giving him more free range in some areas ans then expect him to show restraint in others. He is only a baby.

HoggleHoggle Sat 21-May-16 20:15:41

It sounds normal to me, he's just pushing boundaries, I wouldn't imagine it's that he's actually hungry if he's already snacking and eating full meals. Just keep reiterating that you don't take food off other's plates and I'm sure he'll get it soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now