Dummy effecting teeth

(2 Posts)
tryhard Sat 21-May-16 13:49:38

My youngest has a dummy at night, he's 2.5 and I was planning to get rid of it when he's 3 and able to understand an exchange (so dummies to Father Christmas) rather than cry it out as he's really dependant on it for sleep. Anyway he has quite pronounced eye teeth (sp) which I also have (I used to suck my thumb until 8ish) so I didn't think anything of it until a friend casually said 'oh dear, you can really see he uses a dummy, you need to take it away.' Would this effect the eye teeth like that? I thought dummy use caused a gap or an overbite. I wasn't in a rush to get rid of it at night before he's 3 because I don't want a traumatic battle over it but now I'm not sure.

Positiveparent Fri 27-May-16 11:01:13

It's really hard to stop a 2 year old using a dummy. You might find this video useful: How to get a toddler to give up their dummy. parent4success.com/how-can-you-get-a-toddler-to-give-up-their-dummy-video-tips-for-raising-toddlers-12/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now