Why, oh why, does sleep become an obsession!

(7 Posts)
Chocolateyclaire76 Fri 20-May-16 17:39:08

My first was a shocking sleeper but at 3 years old is a lot better, along comes number 2 though and sleep is all I can obsess about. She is relatively good but any hiccup and I spiral into visions of what number 1 was like.

Does anyone else feel that sleep obsession has been a rather unhealthy part of their lives and can anyone offer advice as to how I can get a grip and chill out?!! I know it's all a phase but......

corythatwas Fri 20-May-16 18:55:14

The standard CBT technique is to picture yourself in a beautiful and relaxing place.

I would suggest 2029 when according to my calculations you should find yourself in possession of two hibernating teenagers who stay in their rooms 22/24 and never surface before lunchtime. Beautiful and relaxing enough for you? grin

Chocolateyclaire76 Sat 21-May-16 07:15:05

Ha, ha, love it!

suspiciousofgoldfish Sun 22-May-16 01:57:30

Cory that may be the best sleep advice I have ever seen grin

FastWindow Sun 22-May-16 02:04:15

Roll on 2029. Of course, there will be zits, then.

Get your own back by waking them up at 2,3 and 5 am for their 'essential' spot treatment.

This too shall pass? I understand your anxiety. Dont let it rule you, speak to a gp before it gets out of hand. X

twirlywoo69 Mon 23-May-16 15:57:03

I think sleep obsession goes hand in hand with anxiety

minipie Mon 23-May-16 17:39:06

I got like this with DD2. Kept having flashbacks to DD1 (appallling sleeper) and any time DD2 did anything non-textbook I thought the world would end. I actually couldn't sleep even when the DDs were asleep confused because I was getting so anxious.

I think what eventually helped was having a bad few nights and realising that actually it wasn't as bad as I was imagining.

How old is your DC2?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now