Talk

Advanced search

room sharing

(3 Posts)
waitingforsomething Fri 20-May-16 02:45:47

I have a 3 and a half year old dd and a 10 mo ds. they have their own rooms and both normally sleep through but we are living abroad and due visitors at regular intervals. At this stage they will need to share so visitors can have a room (our room is tiny with double bed in so we can't fit ds cot in)
Now, dd is very happy to have ds in with her (excited in fact!) but he has a very irregular wake up time (Any time between 5.30 and 7, often around 6) and she likes to sleep until about 6.45/7. What do People with room sharers do if baby starts shouting early? Does it wake the other? Dd normally sleeps heavily but I'm not so sure she would at 5.30 and I'm not wild about having her up at that time as it'll be sure to cause the grumps later on !

CassandraAusten Fri 20-May-16 07:43:43

Go in quickly, grab DS before he wakes DD and bring him into your bed?

Mine share a room and don't seem to wake each other. Children are usually heavy sleepers once they're down.

waitingforsomething Fri 20-May-16 13:19:13

thanks cassandra that's good to know that yours don't wake each other. DD is definitely a heavy sleeper, DS a bit less so but he won't get disturbed as she sleeps like a log most of the time. I think i'll have to go with the quick grab if he's awake before 6.30 and hope he doesn't wake her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now