Talk

Advanced search

6 year old being left out

(5 Posts)
Lou9685 Thu 19-May-16 23:45:57

My 6 yo daughter is starting to get left out by her two best friends at school. She's a very happy, friendly and social child and very sweet natured. She can be a little bossy however, but they seem to be being fairly mean to her....she says one of them in particular is fibbing and i know for a fact that she is,
It's not just may daughter making it up. Both the other girls have older brothers, mine is currently an only child but am expecting in August. She has other friends that she can play with but all the 'cliques' are established I know she loves playing with those two and I feel absolutely heart broken for her. Any advice? I could talk to the other 2 mothers and see what they think but I don't want them to have to tell their daughters to play with mine.

VioletBam Fri 20-May-16 01:26:21

How hard sad OP it's awful...but being the Mother of two DDs now aged 11 and 8, I can tell you it's also normal.

Cliques aren't really established...the friendship groups will change constantly over the primary years....6 is still very small and while your DDs friends have currently formed a twosome...I promise you that in another few weeks or maybe months, the scene will be different again.

Tell her teacher what's been going on so they can keep an eye out for any bullying behaviour and in the meantime, go on a playdate offensive.

Ask other girls who you know she likes to come over....after school for a play.

It will help DD to forge stronger bonds with them.

Lou9685 Fri 20-May-16 07:05:49

Thanks, i hope so, I feel so sick for her x

CassandraAusten Fri 20-May-16 07:21:14

Great post from Violet, I have an 8yo DD and I agree with everything she says.

Lou9685 Fri 20-May-16 11:37:46

Thank you, she was tearful this morning as I dropped her off - am speaking to the teacher later to see if she can shed any light on what's going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now