Talk

Advanced search

Bad language/easily influenced five year old

(3 Posts)
Lda081 Tue 17-May-16 17:58:18

The last few weeks my son has done and said some things he really shouldn't have - giving us the finger and saying "why don't you suck my willy" so that one's definitely come from another child...smile.

It's thrown me and my husband a bit as it's completely out of character so just wanted to see how others would/have handle/d the situation.

We've stressed that it's not ok to say or do these things and tried not to get too angry but focus on finding out where he's getting it from. He says new kid and P7 reading buddy so going to have a chat with the teacher to get her to keep an eye out for influencers but not sure what else to do if anything?

Just keen to get a few opinions?

sirfredfredgeorge Tue 17-May-16 21:57:42

Why does it matter where's he's "getting it from" ? It's a perfectly normal insult that he'll unquestionably learn at some point. Just talk to him about what language and behaviour is appropriate at different times, with different groups, and what's inappropriate.

Lda081 Wed 18-May-16 06:36:10

Yes, you're right. It just threw us - we weren't expecting to hear stuff like that yet so freaked out a little. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now