Advanced search

3 year olds behavior is it cause for concern?

(6 Posts)
Lovemykids12 Tue 17-May-16 16:57:56

My partners 3 year old behavior concerns me at times. This is not a post trying to get at her as i love and care about her as much as my own children.

Things I have noticed are, firstly she constantly asks for food. I'm not talking once or twice. She will ask for food when she's just ate two plates of dinner. Most mornings she eats 2 breakfasts and is still "hungry". As she does not live with us we have little control of her diet. She is very over weight and wearing age 7-8. Sometimes she will ask over 30 times for dinner and it's only 3pm. She cannot play alone and constantly asks for people to come with her, then doesn't want to do what she asked. She's only recently learnt colors and is obsessed with watching tv. She asked questioned over and over again even if she has just been told the answer 5 times. She also never listens.
Something that concerns me the most is she always has a sore bum. I think this is down to her masturbating. She does this all the time and will put toys in between her legs. Her manners are awful, she burps so loud thinks it funny and tells everyone. I think her home life (with her mum) is very unstable. She stays with other people including us at least 4-5 nights a week. I doubt she's ever taught anything. I do try but it's hard when she's not with us enough.
Another thing that concerns me is that she rarely poos, she must hold it in for week. It is always diarrhea and it smells disgusting. (Not like normal poo)
I am so concerned but as I'm not the parent there is only so much I can do.

I just need some advice on how I can make things better for her?

SpeakNoWords Tue 17-May-16 17:18:44

Report anything you think is neglect to social services.

I'm confused as to who is who, and who the child is supposed to be living with. Is your partner the child's mum? But the child lives with the dad? Do you live with your partner and have other children living with you permanently?

Hawkmoth Tue 17-May-16 17:23:29

Report to social services.

Lovemykids12 Tue 17-May-16 17:23:32

Sorry I didn't make that clear. She is my partners daughter. She lives with her mum full time and stays with us (her dad and I) twice a week.

I said she stay away from her mum at least 4-5 night per week as she is with us for two night and other people I.e anyone who will babysit her the rest of the time.

Lovemykids12 Tue 17-May-16 17:24:41

We have already rung and reported to social services twice and they have closed the case each time. They did not investigate anything other than speaking to her mum.

SpeakNoWords Tue 17-May-16 20:15:09

Tbh, everything that you describe is not ideal or even satisfactory parenting. But I can see why Social Services might find it to be just above their threshold for intervention.

Obviously you can address issues yourselves when you have her. So take her to the GP for the physical issues if you feel they're being ignored by the other parent.

Also, you could consider supporting your partner in applying for 50/50 residency, or even higher in your favour. Are there any reasons why you couldn't do 50/50?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now