Talk

Advanced search

changing position

(3 Posts)
waitingforsomething Tue 17-May-16 09:00:58

My ds is 10 months today. He sat up at 6.5 months and at 9 months started an army crawl/drag thing. He also does a bit of bum shuffling.
He doesn't however seem to be able to get from one position to another. From sitting he just reaches forward and cries until you help and from his front he can't get to sitting. He doesn't pull to standing on objects but will do on your hands.
Is this normal for his age? It seems slow and I don't know how to help him move from one position to another

Lupinlady5 Tue 17-May-16 15:40:59

I'm watching with interest as my DS is exactly the same. Anyone have any views?

eatsleephockeyrepeat Wed 18-May-16 10:37:58

Sounds absolutely fine to me.

My ds is 10.5 months and completely different to yours; does some things yours doesn't but doesn't do things yours does!

He can't crawl. AT ALL. He can sit and lean forward, and go forward onto his belly but then he's stranded! He hates being on his tummy, he just screams. He's been known to roll onto his back but mostly he won't. He's never rolled from his back to his front and he can't get into a sitting position from lying down at all.

Am I worried? I used to be about the whole not crawling thing, but I'm SO not now. He's cruising confidently around furniture and even took a few steps unaided the other day. For ages he would only pull up with our hands but that just shows you they have the strength to do it - so don't worry! They have a penny-drop moment one day and realise that furniture works for that too; I was out of the room and came back to ds standing next to the coffee table rifling through my handbag confused

I wouldn't worry at all. They're all so different at this age and if he seems like he has an appropriate amount of strength, coordination and desire to move I wouldn't worry about the specifics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now