Talk

Advanced search

Clingy 21 Month Old - Help!!

(2 Posts)
frankieanddaphne Sat 14-May-16 20:01:24

Hi all,

I'm new to Mumsnet and hoping for some advice/support.

My 21 month old daughter is super clingy with both myself and Hubby.

The main issue is that when at home we absolutely cannot leave her to her own devices for any period of time without her wailing and begging for cuddles. Our house is as safe as we can make it, she has plenty of toys, books, arty stuff etc and of course there's CBeebies and Peppa - she's happy with any of the above as long as we're with her (interacting, not just in the vicinity).

This means that I literally cannot get anything done whatsoever (dishes, shower, general housework, phone calls etc). My husband and I both work full time hours (though Hubby condenses his hours and looks after her on a Wednesday). Hubby often works on a Saturday as well.

It's really odd because she attends nursery 4 days a week and has been since she was 9 months old. She absolutely loves it and there are no problems dropping her off etc.

We have noticed that she can be shy with unfamiliar children in her age group but she loves spending time with older children and hardly even acknowledges us if she has slightly older children to play with.

I take her out and keep her occupied on the weekend but we can't stay out all the time and the state of the house is really frustrating me now.

Even 5 minutes peace would make a real difference at this point - has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

Candlefairy101 Sun 15-May-16 12:23:41

I'm place marking because I'm at my wits end as well with my little girl the same age, I have a 5y boy and a 2m little girl as well, no one else can have any of my attention because toddler just wants me to carry or be around her all the time, she is the same with my husband and my poor newborn is just learning to survive on her own at the moment sad, I hope you get some advice so I can latch on to it as well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now