Talk

Advanced search

5 year old's feet not growing

(8 Posts)
hollingbury Sat 14-May-16 12:08:44

My 5 year old's feet have grown by about half a size in 18 months-2 years. He is small for his age - not worryingly, but he is on the small size.

But should the feet be growing? Does it constitute medical concern if theyr'e not?

He's smart, on track for everything else.

Artandco Sat 14-May-16 12:14:09

Depends on his size surely? They will grow in proportion

My 5 year old has been a European 28 for about a year, has just gone up to 29. He's tall for his age

purpleme12 Sat 14-May-16 18:01:13

That's nothing to worry about! My little girl hasn't put any weight on in about the same amount of time it's nothing to worry about.

gatorgolf Sun 15-May-16 08:08:30

My nearly six 6 year has been size 10 for about a year and I've never thought to worry about it.

MattDillonsPants Mon 16-May-16 03:52:59

One of my DDs grows very slowly...my younger DD seems weed-like! I think it's just different children. My Dd who grows slowly is naturally small....she's the smallest in her class but her Dad's not tall and neither is my Mum. She takes after them.

dogdrifts Mon 16-May-16 04:01:18

Mine would not grow for two years and then I'd have to buy four pairs in a single summer, sometimes only a week or two apart. These things are not gradual. Nothing will happen forever and then you will turn round and they are six feet tall with a beard. And that's the one that had to play a bush in the nativity when all his classmates were trees.

Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 16-May-16 05:30:45

Don't worry. My best friend's DS had the same issue. His feet barely grew during infant school and early juniors. He's 13 now and has caught up.

BikeRunSki Mon 16-May-16 05:49:12

I found that my DS's feet slowed down growing a lot after he was 4. He used to need bigger shoes every 4-6 months. Now it's about once a year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now