Talk

Advanced search

Counselling for 10year old bullying Mum?

(5 Posts)
stopthecar Wed 11-May-16 21:32:43

My 10yr old dd is emotionally and physically draining me. Long story short is dd's aggressive outbursts are too much. She has admitted she picks on me as I am 'weaker' than her dad. It started two years ago with just defiance but now she is too big to physically put to bed etc and it escalated into violence. She won't go to bed/get up in the morning/help out without a huge fuss. She flies into huge rages when not getting her way. Yesterday was final straw as had to tell my ds to lock himself in loo to keep away from her fists. (She had been told off and flew at him in anger). We do consequences etc but no change. Would a counsellor help tease out why she is so angry?

GretchenBeckett Wed 11-May-16 21:35:42

Couselling is a very good idea.

Your best route is to take her to your GP who can refer her on to CAMHS (child and adolescent mental health)

stopthecar Wed 11-May-16 21:38:44

We had a referral to camhs who said it wasn't serious enough. Perhaps with yesterday's incident I should ask them again....

GretchenBeckett Wed 11-May-16 21:55:13

I had to be really persistent to get my son referred. Keep going back to the GP because you and your Dd need support.
I phoned the NSPCC helpline for advice. They were brilliant, might be worth giving them a ring.

stopthecar Wed 11-May-16 22:02:18

Thank you x. My family worker doesn't seem to take it as seriously as me so might pop back to gp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now