Talk

Advanced search

fall down the stairs

(4 Posts)
LimesMum Tue 10-May-16 21:50:44

I'm not too sure this is the right place to post but anyway... My DD fell down the stairs this afternoon right from the top to the bottom, head first, the sideways and landed on her side.

She cried a lot for less than 5 minutes and calmed with chocolate buttons. When I asked what was sore she said her head and touched her forehead.

There was no visible bump or bruise.

She has been completely fine since so I haven't taken her to a and e. Should I have done??

Anyone else's LO done this? She is 2 years 3 months

Wolfiefan Tue 10-May-16 21:52:09

Do you know what signs to look out for with regards to concussion?

Grizzer Tue 10-May-16 21:58:34

My dd fell off the sofa recently. She cried for a bit then had her dinner & went to bed. Next morning she couldn't lift her arm so I reluctantly decided we needed a trip to A&E. She had broken her collar bone. I felt so guilty!! I had actually laughed when she fell! (Obvs I stopped when I realised she was crying!)
I would take her just to be on the safe side, that's a pretty big fall for a little person. Hope she's ok.

Kariana Wed 11-May-16 20:38:24

Watch out for vomiting, dizziness, mismatched pupil dilation or unusual sleepiness and other signs of concussion. If there are none of these signs then there may be no point to a trip to A&E as they will just ask if there has been any and send you home if not. You'd be there hours with a bored toddler!

Hope she is okay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now