Talk

Advanced search

Comforter?

(11 Posts)
SamiSambo Thu 05-May-16 22:31:11

My LO is 5mo very soon and she is a nightmare at night sleeping as she is very attached to her snuggy and blanket (both same material) she has them during the day as I am regularly checking on her however at night I dont give them to her due to risk of suffocation. I am coming to my whits end though as I am getting up every 5-20mins in the night to help her get back to sleep. From 11 & 1/2 weeks she started sleeping through the night but at that point she wasn't interested in a comforter.

P.S she holds it in her hands and puts it over her face (strange child likes to cover her face, even buries her head into you when she falls asleep in arms)

Any advice would be great. Thanks smile

Kariana Mon 09-May-16 18:07:07

My only suggestion here would be to wean her off them during the day to see if it helps but I'm really not sure it's that helpful! I'm sure someone with better advice will come along soon.

Kariana Mon 09-May-16 18:08:15

Sorry just had a thought when you are getting up to settle her back to sleep is this because she is whimpering or crying or screaming? In other words how is she letting you know she's awake?

piesoclock Mon 09-May-16 19:22:08

Did she start waking up regularly at about 4 months? If so it sounds likebthe 4 month sleep regression (ie hell on toast). They usually stop this crazy wake ups by themselves, our regression lasted 5 weeks. Then he gaps between waje ups got longer and 6 months we got one wake up a night, at 7 months he slept through.
If it is the regression there is no point trying to change anything. You just have to ride it out.
Head over to tye sleep boards for advice and moral support.

SamiSambo Mon 09-May-16 19:28:33

Shes not crying or screaming shes just mostly talking to herself then starts shouting so I go to her. Its madness it happens between 2 & 4am everyday for 2 weeks now which she would have been 4 and 1/2 months old. She is wide awake (smiles when I walk over) she will just not go back to sleep in her cot but I dont want to make a rod for my back and put her in bed with me. I take her downstairs and she goes straight back to sleep on her bean bag. Its driving me insane haha.

Fresh01 Mon 09-May-16 21:29:29

Is she shouting in complaint or just shouting as in babbling to herself? If she is just babbling I would leave her to it till she is actually upset. You may find after a chat with herself she goes back to sleep.

With the comforter can you get a second one and cut it up? Is it a material that wouldn't fray at the edge? One of mine had a small square comforter, think a jelly cat one, and it is small enough that she could hold it from a young age but not suffocate.

SamiSambo Mon 09-May-16 22:16:20

Shouting as in babbling, i have left her but then she cries!!
I have got lots of the comforthers but it is a strange material and thats what it is she likes. I will just put up with it and ride it through haha xxx

piesoclock Tue 10-May-16 07:04:09

Being awake at silly o clock can be symptoms of the regression. It will pass.

SavoyCabbage Tue 10-May-16 07:06:35

If you have plenty of them, could you cut one up so she has a piece in her cot for a comforter that is not too big to be dangerous?

peggyundercrackers Tue 10-May-16 07:12:14

I would just give her the comforter, both ours pulled their onto their faces and sometimes wouldn't sleep without it, they won't suffocate from them. Don't know if you use a dummy, if so giving a dummy might help settle at night instead of getting up. Our dd still puts her comforter on her face 3yrs later but ds isn't as infatuated with his.

SamiSambo Tue 10-May-16 08:13:42

The material will just fray if not edged properly. It is the Raff and Elli Range she loves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now