Talk

Advanced search

mental health for a 9 year old

(3 Posts)
booked83 Wed 04-May-16 20:39:21

I worry about my 9 year old... I see so much of my self in her, when I was younger... I was very self destructive and she is the same I got to the point of self harming at 19 though So don't want that for her!

I have just found out she has hit her brother in the face at the weekend and told him not to tell... She takes things and lies she struggled academically at school

I have tried to push for emotional support from the school nurse and got no where... I just want her to be happy... I don't know what to do, she goes to my ex's every other weekend and 1-2-1 time is limited.

We have just got over melt downs and tantrums (at 9 yes I know, though these occasionally do still happen!)

She distances her self from us! I don't know why... I am really worried about her mental health and the school don't seem to have any avenues to go down! Oh and to top it off she is already stressing about sats and she is going into year 6 in September!

pippistrelle Thu 05-May-16 18:11:18

I don't have any great insight into this, OP, but could you see your GP. I know that support for children is pretty thin on the ground but if you're concerned that her behaviour is more than just the usual nine year old stuff (and if she's already worrying about SATs, it sounds like it is), then I think the GP is your first port of call.

Good luck.

booked83 Thu 05-May-16 18:22:27

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to book an appointment with gp as school or school nurse not being much help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now