Gro clock no longer working??

(12 Posts)
LimesMum Tue 03-May-16 06:40:08

My 2 years 2 month DD has been really good at waiting for the sun to come up on the Gro clock but recently she just ignores it and shouts of for me as soon as she wakes regardless of what time it is.

Anyone else had this?

Any tips?

MattDillonsPants Tue 03-May-16 06:46:21

What do you do when she shouts?

LimesMum Tue 03-May-16 08:27:26

I've tried talking to her in the monitor and telling her to wait I've tried going in and telling her to wait, both of these end in complete meltdown

Also tried going in and sitting with her until the sun comes up...

This morning I just left her shouting for 25 mins until I knew the sun was up then went in and explained but she was getting pretty upset by the end!

MattDillonsPants Tue 03-May-16 08:53:50

What time is she waking? How early?

NapQueen Tue 03-May-16 08:55:14

If she is waking around the same time, could you go back to the start again and set it for the time she is waking? Massive fuss of how good she is gmfor waking when the sun comes up. Push it forward 5mins every week.

LimesMum Tue 03-May-16 13:48:53

Ok will try that! Thanks

LimesMum Sat 07-May-16 06:25:35

So tried setting earlier but still not working, today she's been awake whimpering and moaning for me since 5.15, do you think perhaps she has just won't pay attention to it ever again?? Any other ideas? Thanks

Jubaloo442 Sat 07-May-16 06:32:36

Is it to do with the lighter mornings? Blackout blinds? I've been awake at 5.15 most days too. Going blind shopping today.

Jubaloo442 Sat 07-May-16 06:33:36

Sorry, I know you said the problem is the shouting etc but if she sees that it's been light for a while she might be confused about why it's still bedtime?

LimesMum Sat 07-May-16 09:22:37

Possibly but we do have pretty dark black out blinds in her room so it's not really light

LetThereBeCupcakes Sat 07-May-16 09:26:22

We're going through exactly the same at the moment, although DS is older (3.4). We also have black out blinds in his room. The only thing I can't think is its light coming around the door? Is your DD's door shut completely?

LimesMum Sun 08-May-16 07:03:13

Yes yeh door is completely shut but could be light coming round I guess? This morning she managed 630 hooray!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now