Talk

Advanced search

what consequence for Ds (4yo) for pulling hair at nursery?

(8 Posts)
sixinabed Wed 27-Apr-16 16:27:16

Ds is 4, he pulled someone's hair at nursery today quite badly I'm told. At this age consequences should be fairly immediate but clearly that's not possible for me to do. I also believe in natural consequences as far as possible, so not sure what to do about this. Nursery staff did not tell me what they did there but did tell me he had a sleep in the sofa later, which he doesn't usually.
Obviously I will talk to him about why it's wrong to hurt people and how he made his friend feel, and he will be making a sorry card to give the other child tomorrow.
He hasn't done this before. Ideas welcome.

sixinabed Wed 27-Apr-16 17:39:41

Bump

poocatcherchampion Wed 27-Apr-16 17:41:27

I'd assume they had dealt with it and just have a chat about it. If it happened repeatedly I'd speak to the nursery about what they were doing ans back them up

popperdoodles Wed 27-Apr-16 17:46:13

I would leave it. Nursery would have dealt with it. In my nursery we would let a parent know what happened not so they go home and punish but so they are informed incase it becomes a pattern of behaviour.

FlyingScotsman Wed 27-Apr-16 17:50:29

Absolutely nothing.
Whatever happens has been dealt with nursery, at the time of the incident which is exactly what needs to happen. No need to have a go at him again.

What you can do is be sure that at home, he is learning to be as impulsive. If he has friends around wiuth you, keep an eye on him just in case but don't go assuming he will do it again. Yoou have no idea what lead to that and ime there is always a build up and the other child isn't fully innocent in the build up either.

MiddleClassProblem Wed 27-Apr-16 17:56:11

I'd ask him what happened and why etc them chat about it. Just keep an eye on it. I know some people use bottles with glitter and water in as a sort of calm down time out thing if it's a temper prob but for all you know the other kid told him to do it. Kids can be weird like that...

SirChenjin Wed 27-Apr-16 17:59:25

I don't think you need to do anything. Presumably the nursery dealt with it there and then, and you've backed them up by talking about how it makes the other person feel. I'd leave it at that.

sixinabed Wed 27-Apr-16 19:41:05

Thank you all. That is what I thought but was also having a moment of doubt feeling like I should do more. Wish I could be a more confident parent.
Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now