7 year old dd is becoming increasingly hard to manage. She is so defiant and rude

(3 Posts)
Justletthemeatcake Mon 25-Apr-16 12:43:03

It is so hard to enforce any consequences as she doesn't have a tablet and going to her room is not a punishment as she's happy to read for long stretches.

I don't have any leverage really. She seems suddenly so defiant.

She does hate the idea of a performance chart but it's difficult not to over do it or under do it.

She would really hate it if I stopped her going to any of her clubs though... but I really resent the waste of money!

I would love to hear about good behaviour modification systems for an often really stroppy 7 year old

BlueChampagne Mon 25-Apr-16 15:28:28

We implemented a version of what's used our our DSs school, based on traffic lights. You could consider forfeiting pocket money, or screen time for an amber warning.

Totally understand about resenting the waste of money - reserve that for the red card! It could pay off in the long run.

Hope you find something that works.

SharingMichelle Mon 25-Apr-16 15:32:36

My dd was a nightmare at 7 and is now delightful at 9. My son is 7 and had me tearing my hair out. I think it's a tricky age. Stick with it and she'll come good again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now