Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

at what age should children realise they shouldn't interrupt a quick phone call?

(6 Posts)
megletthesecond Sun 24-Apr-16 16:54:26

Because mine are 9 and 7 and they still won't let me make a quick call without grabbing me or shouting at me for something despite the fact the can see me on the phone and I've asked them for a couple of minutes to talk. It's so hard because I'm a lp and struggle to make a quick call when they're screaming under me.

I've just had to cut short another call (mum, logistics about something this week) because 7yo dd was trying to pull things off the kitchen work tops.

Fwiw I haven't had a proper chatty call in five years due to dd's sleep problems (all evening) so I'm certainly not chatting on the phone and ignoring them. It does feel like they cannot bear to lose my attention for moment, I've been a total lp for 7 yrs which doesn't help.

I can't decide whether I'm hoping for too much.

EatShitDerek Sun 24-Apr-16 16:55:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

megletthesecond Sun 24-Apr-16 17:01:34

I love you eat grin. I do tell them off, I don't allow it but they don't care.

Y'know they did it when I had a rare visitor yesterday. DS came downstairs crying about homework despite ignoring it for 2 days and being happy beforehand.

They don't like me chatting to people either and interrupt or grab me. We're a healthy functioning family aren't we hmm .

EatShitDerek Sun 24-Apr-16 17:06:41

EatShitDerek Sun 24-Apr-16 17:07:54

Comiconce Sun 24-Apr-16 17:26:21

Mine are 6 and 8 and I am still waiting for them to get it sad. I rarely use the phone and if I do it tends to be important. I've given them a right bollocking before but they apologise and forget all about it.

Must practice hissing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now