Son 16 caught us inflagrante

(12 Posts)
seekingwisdom4me Fri 22-Apr-16 12:25:24

New house, no bedroom lock (will be later today) and 16 year old son hears us last night and stands at doorway saying
"what are you doing?"
Thank god the duvet was on top but I said "itchy legs".
He couldn't even look at me when I saw him earlier.
My god - sooooo embarrassed.
What can I do?????? Dying off in case he says something......

starry0ne Fri 22-Apr-16 12:29:07

I can completely understand the embarrassment and while I wouldn't necessarily my child to know when.. I do think it is good to know in a good relationship even after so many years this is normal and part of a loving relationship.

happysunshineandrainbows Fri 22-Apr-16 12:29:58

Why would he even stand there when I'm pretty sure it's obvious

He'll get over it, don't worry, for a but it will be embarrassing but then you'll both move on with your lives smile

SueGeneris Fri 22-Apr-16 12:32:42

I think I'd say to him 'well then DS, I'll be getting a lock for the bedroom door and shall I get some brain bleach for you while I'm at the shop?!'

I'm sure he's just as embarrassed as you.

Muddlewitch Fri 22-Apr-16 12:33:00

I don't get why he would stand there looking and then ask either...mine would run a mile if I had anyone to shag

FretYeNot Fri 22-Apr-16 12:36:54

Front it out, saunter in later with the smug rosy glow of one who's getting some and say nothing. Why be embarrassed? You're entitled to a sex life.

Catmuffin Fri 22-Apr-16 12:41:48

I think it genuinely didn't occur to him op would be shagging but then it dawned on him afterwards, hence not being able to look at her.

seekingwisdom4me Fri 22-Apr-16 12:42:04

Thanks so much, just had to share...thing is he will probably say something very dry to me but he wouldn't chance it with his dad. Dear me, my face is actually going red when I think about it.

seekingwisdom4me Fri 22-Apr-16 12:43:53

Catmuffin, you are spot on...in the last house our rooms were not next door to each other. As for wooden floors and sliderobes that shake...oh jee...

BertrandRussell Fri 22-Apr-16 12:44:05

So he didn't knock on your bedroom door, and doesn't know that people have sex?

SparkleSoiree Fri 22-Apr-16 12:46:52

Laughing at 'itchy legs' grin

seekingwisdom4me Fri 22-Apr-16 12:51:10

BertrandRussell tbf the bleeding dog had pushed the door open just beforehand, husband said blame her but she wasn't on top of the bed, hence the itchy legs....as for sex, yep he deffo knows about it, it's just I don't think he needed to see us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now