2 year Old cries during her sleep

(4 Posts)
Suzysetch Sun 17-Apr-16 21:08:36

Help.....!!

It started 2 weeks ago with my DD who randomly through the night starts crying - really full on crying as if she's in pain. When we go in to check on her she's fast asleep. This is happening 2-3 times a night every night for the past 2 weeks. When she wakes in the morning she's her normal happy self (I wish I could say the same with the sleep deprivation).

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there anything I can do to help her?

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Apr-16 21:12:46

It's probably bad dreams or mild night terrors. Mine both did it. They also talked, laughed and shouted a lot.

Check it's not cold or a wet nappy or similar but I think if everything else is normal, it's likely mild night terrors. It's the right age. Generally, they don't remember them and remain asleep. You can gently rouse them an hour after bed, only to bear awake. It can break the sleep cycle and stop the terror occurring. They do grow out of it.

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Apr-16 21:13:26

*nearly awake

Suzietwo Sun 17-Apr-16 21:15:44

My daughter did this. Actually it's only now you mention it that I realise it's stopped. She was 4 in November.

It didn't seem to be caused by anything much but is disturbing. We offered her comfort from time to time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now