Talk

Advanced search

6 month

(14 Posts)
Rh1annon Sun 17-Apr-16 18:52:20

What's everyone's 6 month old doing smile

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 17-Apr-16 18:59:28

6.5 mo here. He has 2 bottom teeth, can roll back to front and front to back, can push up shoulders and 'carpet swim'. This week he's started reaching out for things out of range. Pretty good at getting toys from floor and into mouth, plus picks Up food on tray etc. Can drink from sippy cup and hold bottle. Makes a wide variety of shrieks and has also started growling (very cute) , and laughs proper belly laughs (only this week). Cries when I leave the room. It seems like the last few weeks have seen some major changes for him and this has massively affected his sleep!

Rh1annon Sun 17-Apr-16 19:28:40

What's he like in the cot my little one can sit him self up by pulling on the bars so have had to lower the cot, also he doesn't like sleeping in the day and gets bored so easily, he loves zooming around in his walker

poocatcherchampion Sun 17-Apr-16 19:31:08

Mine can roll back to front but not front to back.

Haven't started weaning yet as he can't really sit at all looks like a pudding

Can occasionally get his own dummy in.

Sleeps in own room just, but sometimes doesn't really sleep.

Writhes around like an octopus when I am trying to feed him.

poocatcherchampion Sun 17-Apr-16 19:32:35

Oh I should say he was prem so is allowed to be a pudding

Rh1annon Sun 17-Apr-16 19:34:48

Really my boy has been weaned for like 3 weeks now, he's almost 7 months and he eats 3 meals a day plus his milk, mine was like that a first then got him a owl thing from fisher price play 10min of lullabies then he is fasto all night but as soon as it hit about 7.30 he up and moving round the cot he has figured he can turn around so he lies side ways then cries cause he gets his feet stuck

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 17-Apr-16 19:36:23

Nope, he can't sit up or pull up to sitting, and can't sit steadily even if he's propped up. He spends all his time either on his front or back or standing In his play table (its sort of like a walker but with no wheels) which he loves. He's still in our room in the next-to-me crib but this week we're moving him into his big cot in our other ds's room because I reckon he'll be climbing out of the crib soon! He was really good at naptimes until the easter hols but having the others off school has thrown his routine all out. He has about 30 mins in the morning, then a 2-2.5 hour lunchtime sleep, then sometimes another half hour at 4 ish and goes to bed at 7.30. Wakes once for milk at 3am. He's a big boy, weighs 22lb, so he probably doesn't need that night feed really.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 17-Apr-16 19:39:26

poocatcher mine's a pudding and he wasn't even prem! I remember with ds 1 encouraging him to move, this one I'm quite happy for him to just chill for a bit.....we need to baby proof our house urgently, there is Lego everywhere!

Rh1annon Sun 17-Apr-16 19:40:16

Omg wish mine would sleep in the day he Probo sleeps for like and hour tops but sleeps all night from like 8.30 to 7.30 no night feeds, have you tried a Bumbo mine loved his found it funny hitting the toys off and trying to pick them up, is your little one weaned yet or still just on milk

havalina1 Sun 17-Apr-16 19:45:33

25 of the month baby here, so nearly 7 months?

He doesn't roll. He can flip onto his side but isn't bothered X with flipping over. On his tummy he goes mad trying to wiggle forward and he is so much fun now - roars laughing, is fascinated by his 2yo sister. He can sit unsupported for a good while. Chews his feet A LOT!

I'm still breast feeding and he is in the bed with me. He sleeps about 7 hours and then feeds like a loon from about 5am.

I was worried he wasn't rolling but he's doing everything else so I'm not too concerned.

poocatcherchampion Sun 17-Apr-16 20:08:32

Yes our hv was surprisingly good about the weaning. I thought she was going to suggest purees as he was prem but instead she suggested delaying a few weeks.

My other two were great at weaning and still eat well, and I am all over the food is fun before they are one. also cannot bring myself to inflict non bf pops on the household once more

Rh1annon Sun 17-Apr-16 20:59:37

Mine said don't give him baby rice infront of other mums but when I went into the room she said it was fine

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 17-Apr-16 21:15:38

He is mostly milk fed, has formula 6-7oz x 5 -6 a day plus sometimes an extra one if he's having an unsettled evening or night. We've been doing baby led weaning so he has some of what we're having at most meals, although I usually have my lunch during his long sleep so he misses that out. He does usually sleep well in the day, but he has to be in his cot, on his tummy, in the dark (his rules not mine!) So if I go out he doesn't sleep well and can be grouchy, and he will not stay asleep in his carseat even one minute after the engine stops! He 's very social and loves smiling at people, and he's one of those babies that people seem to talk to when we're out and about .

Rh1annon Sun 17-Apr-16 21:27:47

Before he was on food at 3months he was drinking 8pz every 21/2 - 3 until he was 6 months, now he has 3 meals and 5 bottles about 5-6oz a time so he likes his food

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now