Talk

Advanced search

not crawling

(11 Posts)
waitingforsomething Sun 17-Apr-16 06:30:09

My DS is 9 months old today and he is not very mobile. He cannot crawl, he has started pushing up and can just about get onto his knees for a few seconds but it makes him super-angry. My dd was well on the move by his age. He also isn't a big fan of rolling although he does sometimes. He seems very frustrated now. He's a big boy quite chubby which doesn't help I imagine although lots of big babies crawl.
Is it time to get him looked at or are we still in the range or normal?

twotoesforwardonefootback Sun 17-Apr-16 08:01:31

Still the normal range: just try & enjoy the non mobile stage, he will get there or may go straight to pulling up. If you want to encourage it lots of tummy time & place exciting objects just out of reach! Also in the sitting position but toys out of reach so he can learn to go from sitting to his tummy.

But no rush at all & 9 months is well within normal & more average then 6 months.

lornathewizzard Sun 17-Apr-16 08:09:13

Definitely within normal. He'll get going in his own time.

uhoh2016 Sun 17-Apr-16 08:19:29

My ds didn't crawl properly til 12m

waitingforsomething Sun 17-Apr-16 09:14:19

Thanks for reassurances. It just seems all these babies younger than him are crawling akd pulling up and he just isn't there and probably won't be in the next couple of weeks.

Pinksun12 Sun 17-Apr-16 09:27:02

Mine only started crawling two weeks after his birthday. He was completely stationery until then, no bum shuffling, no commando crawling. And my first didn't crawl until 10 months.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Sun 17-Apr-16 09:31:17

My DD didn't crawl until 14 mo, only did it for a few weeks then started walking at 16 mo. She's 9 now and barely sits down!

Enjoy the stillness OP grin

EsmesBees Sun 17-Apr-16 09:36:58

Totally normal! Mine was the same and then suddenly started crawling well at 10 months. It was good as she didn't have the wobbly collapsing stage that many of her peers who started earlier had.

HeffalumpHistory Sun 17-Apr-16 09:47:01

Ds was 10.5months before he crawled. Dd is 8.5months & just about crawling now. I think your ds is within normal age range.
I think its true that boys tend to be a little slower. It's also hard not to compare siblings at these stages but they are different

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 17-Apr-16 09:58:10

DD1 never crawled - bum shuffled then walked (although she was late at that too.)

DD2 crawled briefly, just before she started walking, much earlier (can't tell you exactly when because I wasn't worrying and, well, frankly she was my second so somehow milestones didn't register quite the same.blush)

By the time they were two and a half, you wouldn't have been able to tell which of them met milestones earlier, and the same went for most of their friends.

He will get there. Try not to compare too much (easier said than done.)

waitingforsomething Sun 17-Apr-16 10:56:55

I've been trying to put things out of reach but he gets so upset and angry I can't bear the shouting!
Will be trying not to compare!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now