Talk

Advanced search

2.5yo awful at bedtime after giving up dummy.

(3 Posts)
WhirlwindHugs Tue 12-Apr-16 21:32:36

DD2 was sleeping very well, willingly gave her dummy to the Easter bunny in exchange for chocolate and now seems okay without it - only asked for it a couple of times.

However it was clearly a bigger part of her sleep routine than we imagined because she now no longer naps at all and is taking two hours to get to sleep every night. She constantly keeps getting up, asking for things etc until around 8pm (or later!)

Which means she's gone from sleeping a good 12-14hrs a day to 8 hours at night only.

Anyone had this problem? Any tips?

Emmie412 Thu 21-Apr-16 20:49:08

Yes, my DD1 who was a complete dummyholic suffered for about 2 months after I took the dummy away at 2,5. Bye bye naptime, welcome mummy having to sit in the room until she fell asleep - and that only took a good hour or more. After 2 months or so, it got better although she didn't get out of the habit of using mummy for falling asleep until 4 or something. Now she is 6 and going to sleep is no problem so nothing lasts forever.

Bringiton2016 Thu 21-Apr-16 21:20:11

Mine gave it up at the same age. She started to play up at bedtimes, asking for this and that and crying. We just ignored her. It only lasted a few weeks; she stopped once she realised we weren't going to give in.

I can't believe she gave the bloody thing up, she loved it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now