daughters behaviour, worrying

(4 Posts)
Onlyonechance2011 Tue 12-Apr-16 00:44:49

My sister used to live with me and my daughter, her little boy has autism, he's 5 and my daughters 4, Iv previously moved out into my own home with my daughter, my nephew would swear, hit, tantrums... You name it he's done it, I even feared for my daughters life with him, I was a hawk, and as a single, full time working parent, I was constantly In touch with the sitter, now we have moved out, she said the word b*tch.. Which left me in shock, she's not her usual content self, I'm seeing him with her, Iv spoke with her school, and she's an angel, and so polite as the teachers say, also anyone she spends time with (without me) she's very well behaved, Iv recently introduced my other half to her, after 6 months with him, I finally thought it would be a good time for them to meet, her real dad lives quite far, a boat away.... Hasn't seen her for 2 years.... She's always asking questions about her dad, and occasionally Skypes, I just don't know what's making her like this? sad

EatShitDerek Tue 12-Apr-16 01:03:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Onlyonechance2011 Tue 12-Apr-16 01:25:44

Eat-

She isn't herself, she said plenty more than that, tantrums are out of control at times, she's back into her routine, bedtime etc, as it messed up when we moved, I just worry and feel like Iv failed and put to much onto her at onceconfused

NewMumm Tue 12-Apr-16 01:35:35

You haven't failed her at all, kids say things they don't mean- half the time they don't know what the words mean. If you think you've introduced your partner at the wrong time maybe just slow it down a little but don't put your life on hold at the same time, I think 6 months is a very reasonable amount of time to wait. Answer her questions about her dad as truthfully as you can and just continue to reassure her of your love as I'm sure you already do! The fact she's an angel at school and elsewhere tells me she knows the difference between right and wrong and can control this behaviour which is a positive. Honesty I wouldn't overthink the swearing, kids like to test their parents, just pull her up on it when she says it so she knows it's wrong. My little brother has autism and behaved a lot like your nephew and our younger sister still knows right from wrong even if she does learn the odd naughty word from him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now